Whether its winter, summer, spring or fall, their is also a time and a reason to use oregano in your cooking or your daily supplement regime. Oregano which originally was used back in the days of Hippocrates for its healing properties is used in the same fashion today but with more knowledge and effectiveness. There are so many medicinal reasons to love this spice but here are just five to help you see if it is right for you.
- It has strong anti-bacterial properties- it is beneficial in this way to help combat a cold, an allergy, or a bacterial infection.
- It has strong antiviral properties- It can help stop the flu in its tracks, get rid of plantar warts and help boost your immune system to keep other viruses at bay.
- It is a strong anti-fungal- It can help fight off candida and also viruses that cause shingles. It can also be used to help kill fungus that grow on nails.
- Anti-inflammatory- oil of oregan has been show to help with certain inflammatory ailments including arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic pain and sports injuries
- Anti-parasitic- Oregano can help kill parasites including, those such as pinworm, Giardia, and montazuma’s revenge, better known as travelers diarrhea.