Avocados are a fruit native to Mexico that hold a ton of Anti-inflammatory health benefits. Inflammation is a bodily process that we all experience, some mildly and some severely. Inflammation can occur from the simplest of things, an argument, a daily workout, as well as to the severest of things including, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gastritis, Irritable bowel syndrome, parkinsons Disease , etc. The Avocado is one great addition to anyone’s daily diet looking to help reduce this inflammation response and begin to live a inflammatory free life, here are some ways that the Avocado can help.
- Avocados allow for the absorption of two key Carotenoid Anti-inflammatory antioxidents, beta carotene and lycopene by as much as 200%. Research suggests that rather than cutting the Avocado to peel it, make a small slit at the base and peel like a banana this will ensure nutrient retention.
- Avocados are rich in Anti-inflammatory antioxidants including: Alpha Carotinoid, neochrom,neoxanthan, chrysanthamumxanthin, beta-carotene and Lutein.
- Rich in Alpha linolenic ( omega-3)
- Contains High amounts of the plant sterols, beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol and campesterol, which have been shown to decrease cholesterol, and reduce the inflammatory effects caused by arthritis
- With its high fiber content it helps to control blood sugar
- Reduces the risk of certain cancers